Sunday, October 9, 2011

Paper Players 67

DSCF8660

Happy Sunday—that means it’s another Paper Players challenge!  Today Jaydee is our hostess, and she’s got a color challenge for us:

pp67

Of course, these colors scream “fall” to me, and since I haven’t felt particularly creative lately, I just went with it…sometimes I do try to think outside the box!  But today wasn’t one of those days, so I pulled out an old standby, Lovely as a Tree, and did some brayering:

PP67 LeAnne

I loosely used Sketch #5 from Lesley’s Freshly Made Sketches, with a bit of modification:

FMS5

My panel was brayered with More Mustard and Cajun Craze, and the trees were stamped with Bravo Burgundy.  The sentiment is a rub-on from Autumn Harvest, and I really thought it looked better at the top of the panel than at the bottom of the card.  I added some linen thread, a button from my stash and some crimped leaves in Bravo Burgundy:

DSCF8659

To make the embellishment, I cut a leaf freehand from a piece of Bravo Burgundy.  I pulled the cardstock apart to get two layers.  I folded each leaf in half lengthwise, fuzzy side in and ran it through the crimper at an angle.  Open it up and you have a cool ribbed leaf! 

I hope that you will use these wonderful fall colors on a creation of yours as well!  Share it with us over at the Paper Players, and you just might become a Headliner or a Cut Above!!!  Can’t wait to see what you make!

This is the way Cassidy reads a newspaper:

DSCF8623

DSCF8619

 DSCF8620

 DSCF8627 

DSCF8626

DSCF8622

Thanks for visiting today!

Wee Details:

  • Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree
  • Paper:  Very Vanilla, Bravo Burgundy, Cajun Craze, Autumn Vine DP
  • Ink:  Cajun Craze, More Mustard
  • Acc:  Rub Ons, Button, Crimper, Linen Thread, Brayer

24 comments:

Deb Buckminster said...

SUPER autumn card, Leanne!!

I had admired your fiber/button/leaves embellishment, so it was such a TREAT to read the process of HOW you created the leaves!! Thanks MUCH!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! I love those crimped leaves with the button! And I am a huge fan of rub-ons - they just blend in so perfectly!

Linda said...

Cassidy is so smart. That is the only way to read a news paper.
I love the cards. The colors are wonderful. Maybe I will scape some of my fall pictures. It is so hard to stay in an craft when the weather has been so perfect here.

Erna Logtenberg said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!! And so is Cassidy :-))

kat said...

Don't you just love the pure joy in a child's face when they're doing something like 'reading' the paper? thanks for reminding me........oh! And I do love your card; Lovely as a Tree is probably my all time fav stamp set!

Queen Mary said...

Where is that Michael's coupon? I can't find it! It must be in the paper today! Ahhhhh, found it!
Love the autumnal colors and what you did with them in the card! Just yesterday I pulled out my burgundy cardstock!

Nance Leedy said...

Fabulous fall card LeAnne! Adore those trees and the brayered colors are gorgeous. The handmade leaves are fantastic! In the gallery, I thought they were silk leaves from your stash! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Oh, wow! Love your card and the leaves!!! This card is one that I could CASE with a few changes, of course. Beautiful. And so is Cassidy.... love her way of sorting through the news!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Look at youLeAnne, waving that brayer around like a magic wand on this beauty of a card! WOWZA! The colors are so rich and elegant and really take center stage on the clean background. I really need to get this stamp set, it has been on my wish list entirely too long. Have a happy Sunday! Hugs! :)

Lorraine said...

I think the sentiment is perfectly placed. What a great job with the brayering! Your little one always makes me smile.

Lisa Kind said...

Love this card! Such pretty colors! I love the brayering! And it's funny...that's exactly how I read my paper too! LOL!!! She's a doll!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, LeAnne! What a fabby job with the brayering! A clean and simple beauty!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh. I fell in love the second I saw your card. It is so gorgeous and a real work of art. WOW! TFS!

Lesley said...

Stunning card LeAnne! Love the way you brayered the sky and the leaves are genius! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

This is perfection LeAnne ... love your brayering - a very very stunning effect and you have executed it beautifully ... love the burgundy leaves, a great touch!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!
Love the pics Cassidy ... she is growing each time I pop by!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Lovely card, Leanne! Beautiful fall look. The brayering is just fabulous. Love that depth of color.
And Cassidy sure does enjoy her newspaper, doesn't she? SO makes me smile.

Linda Fisher said...

You're fabulous! Not feeling very crafty and can turn out a fantastic card! I could never get my brayering to blend that well, I'll keep trying. I think Cassidy is looking for the sales flyers!

Martha said...

LeAnne,

This gorgeous card spoke to me! It is so expertly created. Your colors and the braying of the background is fabulous and your choice of the tree image is perfect. May that stamp never go out-of-season. It is just so perfect. I tried your crimped leaves and IT WORKED! Great idea. Thanks for sharing something new. Your little paper girl will grow up to love paper crafting too or else be a reporter! LOL!

Love and blessings, Martha

Rita W said...

Oh My! This is just stunning! I love the image panel and those crimped leaves. You are so talented at leaving white space AND making it look amazing. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches. :)

Jen Mitchell said...

The brayered effect behind your tree stamps is out of this world! I love how you finished it off with the leaves and button. So sweet!

mudmaven said...

I love this card!!!!! Your brayer technique totally rocks. Love the rub on too - need to check those out. I think that Cassidy has it right - looks like the best way to digest the news I've seen in a long time. ~chris

Lisa Lara said...

Your GD is so cute. Great pics. I love your beautiful colorful bg for your stamping. Those leaves are the perfect finishing touch.

Julie Marshall said...

LeAnne, your card is gorgeous and your brayering is just fabulous! What you've done with the colors is just amazing...and this wasn't thinking outside the box??? I need your box...lol! Very pretty.

Tara Bilbao said...

LeAnne, I love visiting your site not only to see your lovely creations, but to see your beautiful granddaughter. I can't believe how big she is getting.

This is such a perfect, beautiful fall card. The leaves have such great texture and the linen thread is such a natural element for fall. You must show me how to brayer because your image looks so soft and natural. Fabulous job on the card.