Wednesday, August 10, 2011

CTD154, Monkey68

DSCF4164

Happy Wednesday!  I am playing along with the Color Throwdown girls today and here are the colors that hostess Tammy has thrown down for us:

swatch 154

I am slowly using some of my new SU stamps---you know the saying: so many stamps, so little time!  This is another image from Easy Events, and my card uses the sketch/anything goes challenge from my friends over at A La Card Monkey:

Monkey 68 Anything Goes-001

and here we go:

CTD154

I had already pulled this assortment of papers from my stash and when I saw Shirley & Terry’s sketch, I jumped for joy, because it was perfect!  Unfortunately, I misread the colors and used More Mustard instead of So Saffron….oops!  Oh well, I hope Tammy doesn’t mind too much!   I stamped my little cuckoo clock in Basic Gray ink and loosely watercolored it:

DSCF4166

Then I did some stitching at the top, added some Old Olive leaves and a little Hodgepodge Hardware embellishment with another coordinating cardstock, just for fun!  Fun & easy---and I hope you’ll play along with the CTD girls too!  You can check out all the designers here:

And who is this sad little baby????

155_5522

Oh, that’s better!

155_5524

14 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Grandma, did you pinch Cassidy or something? What a sad face!

DARRRRRLING card, LeAnne! LOVE those cardstock strips across the background and REALLY love what you did with the hardware! I have always HATED those little frame doo-dads... it's impossible to get a piece of cardstock to fit in there, but now you've given the ones in my stash a whole new lease on life!

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

Like I keep telling you, the first part of every comment will be about Cassidy.... and the card? What card?

Broni said...

Great card, LeAnne! I love how you interpreted the sketch and I especially love your multiple stitch lines.

Barbara said...

Adorable clock, LeAnne! And I love that layout!

Ooooo, poor widdle baby!!

Linda said...

Was she getting in you stuff again? LOL So sweet even without a smile.
This card is fantastic! I love how you stitched is and that hardware on it is perfect! LOVE It!

Nance Leedy said...

Fantastic card! Love the stitched panels and great coloring job on the clock. The best is the hardware frame--so clever!!!

Terry said...

Super cute card, LeAnne. I love the stitching, the layers behind the cuckoo clock and the use of hardware and leaves. Very nice! So glad you played along with us at A La Card Monkey.

Hugs,

Terry

Marisa said...

Love how you used the sketch and those pics of your grand daughter are too cute. She has some killer blue eyes! Hope daddy has a shotgun for when she gets older LOL!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I love that sweet little cuckoo clock! It's adorable and what a fun layout with the panels!

Lisa Kmiec said...

This is very pretty! I love the stitching and the die cut leaves. Both add a nice touch!

Marlena M. said...

Darling baby. ;) I love the three strips in the backdrop. ;)

Janie Printz said...

Cute cute !!! Both that sweet baby & your wonderful card ... LOVE the colors & how you did the background panels. FANTASTIC !!!
Hugs, Janie

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Congrats on being one of our Fav's this week! Your card is so Darn Cute, I love the tearing on the DSP and the Hodge podge on the card!!

Hugs
Shirley

Shannon White said...

Ooh, love your Fantastic Card! Love how you worked the sketch and colors together! Fabulous coloring on your Adorable Cuckoo clock too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon