Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ColourQ 100

DSCF6320-1

WOW!  Did you catch my heading?  ColourQ is celebrating their 100th challenge!  In honor of this momentous event, Arielle is teaming up with Clean & Simple Stamping and highlighting their Fall to Layout sketch this week:

cqc100

In addition, we get to use our favorite past ColourQ combo.  Now that’s not possible to use just ONE, because I have tons of favorites!  But I did pull out one I had never used before, from way back when Arielle first started, CQC14.  Here ya go:

cqc14

The florals on this little dress jumped out at me—they looked like the florals from Fabulous Florets and Array of Sunshine.  So what do you think:

CQC100-LeAnne

I made my own designer paper with the various images from those two sets, masking off the flowers as I stamped.  The two Orchid images had an empty center, so I stamped a little flower from Itty Bitty Bits to fill them in.  The sentiment is from Pennant Parade and fits perfectly in a little flower punched from the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch.  I had to keep reminding myself that it was supposed to be CAS, so my only other embellishments were some buttons! 

DSCF6319-1

I sure hope you will play along with us for this extra-special occasion!  Fly on over to the CQC blog to see all the deets as well as what the other designers came up with this week.  It’s sure to be fun, seeing all the different combos!  Thanks for visiting!

Wee Details:

  • Stamps:  Fabulous Florets, Array of Sunshine, Pennant Parade, Itty Bitty Bits
  • Paper:  Rich Razzleberry Patterns DP, Text White, WW, Orchid Opulence, Old Olive
  • Ink:  Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose
  • Acc:  Kiwi Kiss Ribbon, Buttons & Thread, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Circle Punch 

DSCF6429

15 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Wow! Did you nail this challenge! I love that card!

Kara said...

so beautiful....such a great ghoice of colors!!

Carol L said...

What a beautiful card you've created with that color combo! WOW! This is amazing!! I love it!!

Martha said...

WOW LeAnne,

The DSP you created is fantastic! The colors are spot on and the flowers work perfectly together along with all the rest of your details! You should design DSP for SU! I think you are really talented at it!

Great card for the challenge!

Love, Martha

Bev J. said...

Love the dp you made-colors are a perfect match. Pretty.

Marisa said...

You couldn't ask for a better stamp set to match that insp. picture! Great card :)

Lea L. said...

This is gorgeous! That floral paper matches the color combo perfectly!

Linda said...

Oh so pretty. I love the colors. The flowers are perfect.

Jodi said...

Absolutely LOVE it! You're right the fabulous florets set matches the dress just perfectly. And how beautiful is that color combination! I can't believe you made your own dsp. It is sooooo pretty. The little buttons are just the perfect little compliments. You don't need anything else.

lisa808 said...

Beautiful flowers & colors.

Elaine M said...

Jaw-dropping knock-your-socks-off fantastic card!! Your talent just amazes me!! Ms C looks busy today - give her a hug for me.

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is why you are on the Royal Court - your cards are always amazing! I really love you, and am so thankful you're a part of the colourQ! THANK YOU!!!!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card, I love the bursts of color! ;)

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, I think Cassidy needs a few more toys! HeeHee! She looks so cute, surrounded by her treasure! Love your card and how awesome that the ColourQ is celebrating ther 100th challenge. I can't wait to play along this week! :)

ChristineCreations said...

LOVE how you mimicked the dress! This is awesome LeAnne!