Friday, April 1, 2011

Special Thank Yous

DSCF0285

I received a couple of very special gifts and thought some thank you cards were in order!  The cards use a couple of new sets from MTME and I am in love with them!  I also used some new Cosmo Cricket and My Minds Eye papers---happy, happy!  Anyway, here is the first, which has a vintage feel:

DSCF0284

The seam binding is “captured” by a glimmer brad—very pretty IRL!  And here is the second, which has a totally different feel, even though I used similar elements:

DSCF0338

Both are pretty clean & simple, both use crinkly seam binding and both use an outline, floral image and sentiment!  I just love how the button from my old button tin mimics the swirly pattern in the CC paper!  For any details on these cards, just email me!

DSCF0339

This is what we woke up to at 6:30 am:

DSCF0326

BIG snowflakes---it stopped for a while, but it’s snowing again!  I could only wish it was an April Fool’s joke!  Thanks for visiting today---I hope it’s warmer in your neck of the woods!

DSCF0304

11 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, that baby is SO adorable! I don't know how you get anything done all day except to stare at her and play! I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off her little chubby cheeks!

CUTE cards! You used Kristin's new stamps perfectly!

Elise said...

THANK goodness, baby blue eyes is READY for that snow! {Love THAT get-up!} Sorry about the April Fools gag that's not a gag! GOOD thing you cranked out SUCH an exquisite card to make US all feel a little warmer: you ARE a champ!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the soft calming colors on that first one, and especially with that pretty brown ribbon. The second one is so bright and fun!

I could NOT believe all the snow we had this a.m.! Spring....yeah right!

Denise Willerton said...

these cards are wonderful LeAnne ~ Cassidy looks like she's amazed at the size of those snowflakes "WHAT, I thought it was spring"? ~ out of the mouths of babes! Have a great weekend my friend :-)

Anonymous said...

oh I love the bright one because it was a surprise!!!!

Barbara said...

Love both of those cards with Kristin's sets, LeAnne! But the first one is my FAVE! Gorgeous!

Linda said...

Your pictures of your granddaughter are amazing! I love this one.
We had snow today too. No April Fools gag.
Love your cards. I got my seam binding. Now I need to color it. I love the second card wit the bright colors.

Cheryl said...

Adorable, all.

Carol L said...

Great cards, and I love the sentiment panels on both of them!
Not-so-great that we got snow, but it was mother nature's April fool's joke on us. Now perhaps we can get on with spring!!
I love all those giant scallops on Cassidy's hood! She is so photogenic and her looks are simply captivating! She's just a little doll!!

Terry said...

You've created some really eye-catching cards! We hope you'll follow us to our new weekly challenge blog - http://alacardmonkey.blogspot.com. We love what you do!

Terry and Shirley

Charlette Finley said...

Oh who cares about those cards. Your granddaughter is so adorable I just cannnot believe her! LeAnne you take such wonderful pictures of her, love this one the best! She makes me smile everytime I visit your blog which is everyday.
TFS