Sunday, April 10, 2011

PP42 Color Challenge

DSCF0451

Happy Sunday to everyone!  Warmer weather is on the way and that makes me happy!  Today’s Ann’s color challenge for the Paper Players makes me happy, too:

April 10 Colour Challenge

Woohoo, I love it!  I used the Skipping Stones sketch 71:

Skipping Stones 71

And here’s my card:

DSCF0450

This color combo is fresh & and bold—even though Poppy Parade is not one of my “go-to” colors!!  I realized I had been neglecting my wheels, so I used Friendly Words to make my banner, and an image from Dreams duJour for my focal point.  They are both stamped on Textured WW cardstock, as is my card base, and the main image is  watercolored with an aquapainter and ink:

DSCF0452

I just love that canvasy look the textured cardstock gives!  This is just such a happy card!  I have to admit, I was feeling smug because I actually started my card on Thursday evening and had it all finished, when I realized that I had used the wrong neutral---ACK!!!  Would you like to see the first version?  Here IT is:

DSCF0441

I had this idea in my head for days----but I used Ivory cardstock for my main image.  It’s okay---I need a congrats card for a special couple who tied the knot in a Western ceremony---so it will still get used!  But I had to regroup and quickly make another card---any excuse to stamp more, right?  And I used the Fall to Layout 135  for this card:

FTL135

I sure hope you can find some time to play with these wonderful colors Ann has chosen.  Make sure you gallop on over to the Paper Players to find out all the details and share your creation with us too!

First card:

  • Stamps:  Dreams duJour, Tiny Tags, Friendly Words jumbo wheel
  • Paper:  Text & WW, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, DP:  PP  & SS Patterns, Elegant Soiree, Sew Suite
  • Ink:  Stazon Black, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, So Saffron
  • Acc:  Aquapainter, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Brads, Sewing Machine, Tiny Tag punch, dimensionals

Second card:

  • Stamps:  Out West, Occasional Quotes, Sanded, Woodgrain, Plane & Simple
  • Paper:  Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Naturals Ivory, PP Patterns DP
  • Ink:  So Saffron, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze
  • Acc:  Pinking Hearts Border & Star punches, Nestie, Paper Piercer, Crumb Cake marker, Vintage Trinkets, dimensionals

18 comments:

Sharnee Torrents said...

Oh WOW I love the Cowboy card!!! It's got so much depth and layers to it!!! As for your Growing great by dreams on, it's really clean and crisp and wonderful!! Lovely cards mate!
SMiles SHarnee :)
p.s missed the picture of your precious granddaughter today!! :)

Linda said...

I love these! I love that dream die.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Wow, This is so pretty. Love these colors with white, but I think BOTH cards are fabulous.
I love the coloring on the main stamp. Your hand is steadier than mine!
Love the details too and stitching is the icing on the cake. Hugs.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

OOOppsss forgot to say I LOVE how you used the wheel on the banner. Genious!

ChristineCreations said...

Love these colors together! What a fun cowboy card, and the Dreams card is so pretty so full of spring!

Lisa Kind said...

These are so pretty! I think the first one would have passed muster, but the second is gorgeous too!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Ya know, I was just looking at that Dreams du Jour set the other day and hoping to be inspired by it. Well here it is! Love it! So perfect with this color combo! The butterflies are such a great finishing touch, too.

As far as that rootin' tootin' wedding card...just gorgeous!! What a perfect card for a western wedding. I sooo need that Sanded background stamp, thanks for the reminder. ;) Awesome work, as always, LeAnne!

Ann Schach said...

Both cards are wonderful, LeAnne! I love the stitching on the first card! Such a bold design! And your western card is too cute! I know the happy couple will love it!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, I was wondering where you got the cool sketch for our Paper Players challenge this week! This card is gorgeous. You really rocked both challenges.
Hugs
Jaydee

Tammy Hershberger said...

They're both awesome! LOVE those colors!

Barb Turpin said...

Gorgeous job with the colors and with the sketch challenge...thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the stitching, I love the sweet butterflies, I love it all! I don't have that stamp set, but now I wish I did!!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness LeAnne, I love both of them! The fist one is so happy and your watercoloring is amazing--love the sweet trio of butterflies. And the cowboy card...wow...so many interesting layers with all the stamping...fabulous!

~amy~ said...

love your cards! Thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones!

Jingle said...

Very pretty cards! I love them! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Wow, LeAnne! I LOVE the first card, just gorgeous! Well, I love the second one, too - so cool!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, love your stamp choices with these fun colors! What great sketches those are, too!

Cindy Beach said...

WOW, what a beauty, Leanne! Love those bold colors and your gorgeous take on the sketch with Dreams du Jour. I always love using that set, but forget to use it! Thanks for the inspiration.