Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A JUG-Head Birthday!

DSCF0509

Oh, I am SO excited to be participating in a very special birthday blog hop for a very special person!  Today is Elise’s birthday!  WOOHOO!  There is no one out in blogland who has more energy, vim & vigor than Elise!  You only need to visit her blog, Mamacow Creations,  a couple of times to feel the love!!!  And the girls at JUGS are giving her her own little birthday blog hop!!!  I hope you’ll participate and give her back some of the encouragement for which she’s so well-known!

I resisted the temptation to do a Western card (cuz I know she loves her animals), since I had just done one, but I did use a cute little CS set that really sums up how I feel about her:

Elise's Birthday Card - 2

This also uses Karen’s Sweet Sunday Sketch #112:

SSSC112

AND the color inspiration from C84FN23:

CR84FN23 Graphic

She definitely lights up the room wherever she goes!   She sparkles & shines just like the glitter on her card:

Elise's Birthday Card -3

So add your name to the blog hop roll and be sure to stop over to Elise’s blog and shout “hey”!  The  hop will continue until Friday, April 15, so you have lots of time!

15 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

This is PERFECT LeAnne! She absolutely lights up a room, just like your pretty card!

Elise said...

Okay! So I t-h-o-u-g-h-t... I was done crying! But NOWWWWWWWW, you've got me going, AGAIN! Ohhhhhhhh, LeAnne! You little cutie pie - I've got a big lump in my throat and a box of Kleenex on my lap - as I grin, chortle and cackle, like a loon, all the while, weeping, rocking and giggling, all over again! {This is why I never make VIDEOS!} What a mess! Meanwhile, you crafty lil' vixen, are YOU such a delightful creature or WHAT!?! THIS card {*swoon!*} has left me applauding {my family is becoming concerned about my outbursts about now... pretty sure I just heard a kid ask "is she going to be like this ALL year?"} - it's POSITIVELY LeAnn-GORGEOUS! {I'm advocating to make that a registered adjective... We'll see...} I love that you created what felt absolutely "right!" and then the fact that you made this in MY honor... Okay, tears and the whole shebang starting ALL over again! Ohhhh, maybe the family SHOULD be concerned! heee hee No, seriously, MY LOVE! The lady that dragged me into CTD fun... and with whom I hope to place a REAL eye on, one day very soon [!].... I am THRILLED that you were drafted... uh, I mean... that YOU were willing to play with my silly/AMAZING friend, Dana G. {that stands for "Gee, she's AMAZING!"} Suddenly, this rather ... LARGE number... isn't quite soooooo alarming... THANKS, for making it seem a lot more fun... ! I'm SO delighted that you played along and crafted for "the cause..." I promise not to complain about my "big" number.... REALLY! I love you, my dear! THANK goodness, for darling friends like YOU! xoxoxo!

Carol L said...

What a great card to honor Elise! I had no clue it was her birthday, so thanks for the heads up!
That cute smile just made my morning, TFS :)

Kathryn B said...

What a beautiful card LeAnne! Love the chandelier and the sentiment is so appropriate for Elise!

Andrea M said...

LeAnne - what an AMAZING card! I love the chandelier and the glittery lights! Elise is beaming I'm sure with such a stunning creation made in her honor! Beautiful work!!!

Andrea M said...

Totally forgot to thank you for playing along with CR84FN! Great take on the challenge colors!

Rosemary said...

ahh... yes... miss elise does light up a room, doesn't she?? fabulous card!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! I LOVE how whimsical it is, but elegant, too! Totally sums up Elise!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love the 3D flower! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Linda said...

This is amazingly beautiful. I want to join in. I have to get some time and check it out.

lisa808 said...

Exquisite card!

Elaine M said...

Oh LeAnne! The card is just breathtaking.

Karen said...

Yes, Elise sure does sparkle in real life and your card is perfect! :>

Deborah Frings said...

Just gorgeous - love the chandelier!! So pretty. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

My favorite color combo ever! Such a sweet card for a very sweet gal! Elise deserves nothing less to celebrate her big day! Awesome card, LeAnne! :)