Monday, April 18, 2011

Embedded Embossing

DSCF0553

I had a fun workshop on Saturday with a great group of girls who are very crafty and many of them sew and quilt, so I thought the embedded embossing technique would be a fun one to demonstrate!  You can find all the details of how to do it here on SCS.

I made this sample for the F4A59 challenge on SCS:

DSCF0550

I punched out 3/4” squares of Sew Suite DP for my “quilt” and adhered it to a scallop diecut from the Scallop Squares Duo, then ran it through my Square Lattice embossing folder.  I stamped the deacon’s bench from Have a Seat and overstamped the sentiment from Three Little Words.  Here’s a closer look at the quilt:

DSCF0552

This is the card that we made at the party:

DSCF0613

I realize as I photographed this, that a better match for the sentiment would have been Baja Breeze!  That and Marina Mist always get confused in my mind.  Anyway, everyone seemed to enjoy it; the papers we used for this quilt were Elegant Soiree and Soft Suede.  Everyone got to assemble their own little “quilt” and I used this awesome new-to-me product that SU sells called Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets.  I just cut a piece 2 1/4” square, peeled off the waxy paper and we stuck the little squares to the sticky side.  We then adhered that piece to our scalloped square, adhered that to the Soft Suede and ran it through the embossing folder.  Easier than trying to glue or put Snail on those little pieces! 

Thanks for visiting today, if you have any questions, let me know!

DSCF0575

10 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty! (and the cards aren't bad either)...lol!!! Just kidding - your cards are gorgeous, as always, but girl, your granddaughter just gets prettier and prettier! She looks so happy all the time! I'm still so jealous - no grandbabies here yet, and my 'kids' are 30 and 35 :(

jaydee said...

cute, cute, cute. Love the quilt cards. Just perfect.
hugs
jaydee

Karen McAlpine said...

I really like this technique and have to try it....right now. LOL. As always, cute baby!

Patrice said...

Love the simple card!

Joanne Leddy said...

Fabulous technique - the finished effect looks very much like a quilt! Love it! (and what a sweetie!)

Peachy Wessels said...

What a cool idea! I love the effect you get with this - so pretty and different! I will have to try out this idea. Thanks for sharing!
Also, I love the cute pictures of the baby. She is such a doll - those eyes!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous quilt cards, LeAnne! I really love the first scene card where the quilt is the highlight of the show. Love how you used the sentiment with the bench. Thanks for sharing your cute granddaughter!

Elaine M said...

What a great technique - love the quilt look.

Patti J - I'm right there with you - my kids are 38 and 40 - all I get are grandkitties and puppies - sigh. We'll have to rely on LeAnne to give us our grandbaby fix. Her little dumpling gets sweeter each day.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun way to make a quilt card (that looks much less intimidating, haha!) I have to give it a try! Both cards are so pretty! I have been eyeing those adhesive sheets, too. They seem like they would make things VERY easy! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Love these!!....I GOTTA go check out that technique. :)