Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Color Throwdown 138

DSCF0669

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I got up real early and was able to play with my CTD friends before my DGD came to visit.  Tammy is the hostess and she’s chosen these “interactive” colors, meaning you get to choose one of them:

swatch 138

I chose Wild Wasabi and used the Mojo Monday 187 sketch:

Mojo187Sketch

And here’s my card:

DSCF0667

I used the pinwheel and sentiment flag die and set from Laura….I thought these colors were a perfect choice for a baby boy card!  I just love how this turned out!  I also used some bias seam tape as my bow, and little faux buttons; the stitching is real, though!!!   Here’s a peek at the inside, too:

DSCF0671

Hope you can play along—just jog on over to the CTD blog for all the details!  TFL!

DSCF0638

  • Stamps:  God’s Blessings, Sentiment Flags, LID; Background Basics Gingham, PTI
  • Paper:  WW, Wild Wasabi, Night of Navy & Wild Wasabi Patterns DP
  • Ink:  Wild Wasabi, Night of Navy
  • Acc:  Nesties, Sentiment Flag, Pinwheel & Button Dies, Brad, Rickrack, EK Success Punch, floss, sewing machine

DSCF0670

23 comments:

Carol L said...

What a cool looking pinwheel! Those colors just rock together!
Miss Cassidy looks a bit demure this morning doesn't she? :)

Hansedeern said...

What i nice idee!
:o)
Hugs Rivien

Laura Pryor said...

LeAnne!!!!! Seriously, this is amazing! I love what you did with the sketch and the papers you used for the pinwheel are just perfect with the text on one side and the dots on the other. I love the ric tac and I love your use of Sentiment Flags with this!! Really, I couldn't be more thrilled by this design. Thank you SO MUCH!!! I'm so glad you're with us today!! Thank you!!

Lesley said...

Wow! Very cool! Love that pinwheel! You have been busy!!!
Hugs,
Lesley

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute baby card - love the pinwheel!

Denise Willerton said...

What a wonderful card ~ I've been thinking about that pinwheel???? Have a great day and hugs to you a adorable Cassidy!

Terri Daugherty said...

Wow, how clever are you?!! The pinwheel is such a perfect element for a boy's card. Love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is gorgeous, Leanne! I LOVE the color palette and that fabulous pinwheel flower. Such a great look for a baby boy card. I think you should submit this, the first chance you get!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne, & I love the way you combined it with the Mojo Sketch - would never have thought to do that! That sweet little gal sure does have some beautiful blue peepers!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, everything about this one is awesome!! WOWZA! Love the pinwheel and all of the fabby accents you used wth it. Such a fun baby card! :)

Bev J. said...

Love the colors, the pinwheel and design of your baby card-great!

Cassidy is a doll even in solemn mode!!

Linda said...

Oh LeAnne this is so wonderful. that pin wheel is fantastic. I wnet ot the web sight. What a great place. The color you used is perfect. It matches pretty little Cassidy's eyes

Cheryl said...

I love your color choice of Wild Wasabi and I love Cassidy's pensive pose.

Elaine M said...

Whoa LeAnne! What a great card. The pinwheel is fan-tab-u-lous! And your colors and prints are perfect.
Cassidy looks like she's got something up her sleeve - a surprise may be in your future - oh dear - giggle.

Stacey Schafer said...

darling pinwheel:)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness what is she thinking....if that look could only talk LOL!!! SO cute!

dpkennedy said...

I love your card design! The giant scallops with the buttons are adorable! Cute!!

Doris said...

What a great idea to use a pinwheel for this design! love the colors, too.

Denise Marzec said...

What a COOL pinwheel! Oh my word, I LOOOVE it!

Broni said...

Love, love, love the green with the navy & white!! And your mix of patterns is perfect too!

Elizabeth said...

Leanne, this is a fantabulous card! It is just perfect for a little baby boy!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! I LOVE the ric-rac for the stem on the flower/pinwheel! Too cute, LeAnne!

Barbara said...

Love this, LeAnne! The rick rack is perfect for the stick! Perfect layout, too!!