Thursday, April 21, 2011

Butterfly Birthday

JUGS80 header

I actually squeaked in a little more stamping time today, and I wanted to do a birthday card using the JUGS colors before the deadline—they were really a challenge, and I felt like I needed to step out of the box a bit!  Here is the palette:

JUGS80

and the Sweet Sunday sketch #113:

SSSC113

and here’s my card:

DSCF2004

I used the new Strength & Hope stamp along with a couple images from Tiny Tags; it’s all pretty straight-forward and it went together pretty quickly!

JUGS80 closeup

Thanks for visiting today! 

DSCF2003

  • Stamps:  Strength & Hope, Tiny Tags
  • Paper:  Crumb Cake, Cameo Coral, Basic Black, WW, Text WW, Tempting Turquoise Patterns DP
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise
  • Acc:  Decorative Label Punch, Nesties, Perfect Polka Dot EF, Glimmer Brads, Taffeta Ribbon, DD Glitter, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

VERY pretty! (the card, too!) :)

Bev J. said...

I agree with Tammy! ;>)

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the background stamping, the label, and the beautiful butterfly! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Elaine M said...

Look at "our" bright-eyed girl - seems she likes your card a lot.

Great card - love the design and color.

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhh! I'm totally LOVIN' what you did with these colors. So bright and fun, great stamp choices, and I love the little pink curlies up in the corner.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! I've had my eye on that set since I got the catalog, you've done it beautiful justice. (Your little sweetie looks like she's about to say something to you - so cute!)

Elise said...

Looks like you FLUTTERED your way out of the box, quite brilliantly, I might add! THIS is stunning, LeAnne! Thanks for making me want to get my ink ONNNNN! Love it, dear! xoxoxo!

Linda said...

Oh so pretty. I love that new tag stamp.

Andrea M said...

So GORGEOUS LeAnne!!! Love that butterfly and your fantastic layers!!! You always rock the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Unknown said...

Your card is so pretty.. And so is that little angel..

Hugs, Linda

Linda Callahan said...

OK instead of taking just your Time Management Class I would also like to sign up for your creativity class - this is great - wonderful design and colors!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love how the colors just pop off of that kraft background! Such a pretty design, too! :)