Monday, January 17, 2011

SSS91 Christmas

DSCF6218

Last year I challenged myself to do a Christmas card a week….I haven’t been so good at it this year, so I thought I had better get on the stick!  Plus my CTD teammate Barbara is challenging herself and anyone else as well!  I have SO many Christmas stamps I haven’t used, my challenge this year is to use some that I neglected in 2010! 

I saw Korin’s sketch at The Sweet Stop and thought it would be fun:

SSS91

so I turned it on its side and went to work:

DSCF6215

There was a “spin” to the sketch---you needed to do dry embossing!  No problem!  Again, I pulled out a neglected CB folder and added that to my pile of supplies.  I gave lots of sets some love on this card!  Here are a few details:

DSCF6217

DSCF6218-1

DSCF6219

and the inside:

DSCF6220

Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Lovely Letters, Woodgrain, SU; Winter Schminter, Whippersnapper; Snowy Woods, Artistic Outpost; Vintage Christmas Expressions, Winter Vintage Signage, CHF
  • Paper:  Naturals Ivory, Cherry Cobbler, Home for the Holidays, Melissa Frances
  • Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Bravo Burgundy, Soft Suede, Versamark
  • Acc:  Twill, Nesties, Northern Frost Diecut; MS glitter, Heat & Stick Powder, Buttons, Silver Thread, CB folder

10 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

OH HOW PRETTY! I really, really like this card. The colors are unique and the neat layout suits the stamps and message well. What fabulous stamps too! An all around super-duper card!

Linda said...

Oh this is so pretty. I haven't started my Christmas Cards. oops!! May be today.

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful work, girlie! Love the houndstooth DP and the sparkly snowflakes. Good for you for gettin' on the stick with Christmas cards already. :)

Lisa Kind said...

Love it! The colors are so pretty as are all the embellishments! I just made my first Christmas card yesterday (it will be on my blog on Tuesday), so I want in on yours and Barb's challenge! I'm determined to get them done early this year. I was so envious of you doing them last year! Let's see how I do!

Anonymous said...

Christmas cards --already?? I never finished last year's cards! Your card is really neat! I like the snowflakes on the checked dp and I especially like the inside sentiment: Merry Christmas and warm winter wishes. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Christmas cards --already?? I never finished last year's cards! Your card is really neat! I like the snowflakes on the checked dp and I especially like the inside sentiment: Merry Christmas and warm winter wishes. Perfect!

Nancy said...

What a lovely Christmas card...great job.
I love your personal challenge to make at least one Christmas card per week. I may have to start doing this also...instead of a Christmas card making marathon.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous! LOVE those snowflakes!

dolcreations said...

The colour you chose to do this Christmas card is so rich and gorgeous! I just love your idea for this Christmas card.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Beautiful. Love all the details and the red and cream together!! Great idea getting a jump start on your Christmas cards. Thanks for using our sketch this week at The Sweet Stop!!

Hugs,
Wendy