Tuesday, November 30, 2010

ColourQ 61 & CCCB33

CQC61-2

Between sniffles & sneezes, I actually got to participate in the ColourQ this week.  Look at this fancy inspiration:

cqc61

As a child, my grandmother had some peacock feathers and I was fascinated by the iridescent colors!!  What a sweet reminder of her!  Since my mojo has been replaced by a cold, I chose to make a very simple card using an idea I saw at the Baltimore Regionals; unfortunately, I cannot remember the talented demo who used the tree from Lovely as a Tree as a branch:

CQC61-1

The tree was stamped in Wild Wasabi, and I used a marker to color over the “stem”.  Since I already had my embossing supplies out for the Paper Players challenge, I embossed the ornaments from Tree Trimmings in silver EP, then colored them with markers.  My Stamp-a-ma-jig made it really easy to position the ornaments and their strings!  I added some “sparkle” not only with the sentiment, but also with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the branches.  It’s backed with a panel of Pacific Point; here’s the inside:

CQC61-6

This also qualifies for the City Crafter Challenge 33, which is “Blue Christmas”.  Thanks for visiting today---be sure to check out the CQC blog to see what the others came up with using these colors---and you play along too!

CQC61-5

  • Stamps:  Tree Trimmings, Warm Words, Lovely as a Tree, Heard from the Heart
  • Paper:  WW, Pacific Point
  • Ink:  Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Versamark
  • Acc:  Silver EP, Heat Tool, Corner Rounder, SAMJ, Markers, DD Glitter, Satin Ribbon, Silver Tinsel

12 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne - love the colors, the embossing, and I love that you have an ornament "hanging" from the sentiment - so clever!

ChristineCreations said...

A great idea to use Lovely as a Tree, I was always fascinated with the colors in a peacock feather too LeAnne! So rich!

Great Christmas card....love the silvery tinsel too!

Ros said...

Fabulous stamping ... and a beautiful clean card ... thanks for joining us at CCCB

StampMom said...

Love those branches -- definitely CASE worthy!!

Linda said...

This is beautiful. I love the tree. I could have done that with the SPCC colors this week. I love the ornaments.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Simply gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB, good to see you here again!

Juanita said...

I love the color combo and the way you worked it is amazing!
The memory of your grandma is a nice thing to focus on this Christmas season. We have been following the Advent Conspiracy {dotcom} and it has really been a great way to focus on the season and what it should be, not the consumerism that is too easy to fall prey to.

Shelley said...

I like this LeAnne! Hanging the ornament off the sentiment is just perfect! I would love top play with combo....we'll see if that happens!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

LeAnne, aw I hope you feel better. I know it can be hard to find our creativity when we are 'under the weather', but your card is perfectly, absolutely lovely. You take care. (PS - I hear Lesley Gould is in your downline; she's one of my fellow Punchkateerz on SCS!)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. Perfect for our little challenge going on right now.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

GORGEOUS!! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

Tammy Hershberger said...

How pretty! And I LOVE the tinsel in the ribbon!