Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ColourQ 54

CQC54-4

It’s that bewitching time of the year, and Arielle has chosen some spooky colors for our challenge today! I could go a little crazy with Halloween decorations, they’re so much fun, I just have to rein myself in! Check out these cool colors from this cute little candy bowl:

cqc54

For my card, I went again to that little witch in Fangtastic:

CQC54-2

She is so NOT a spooky witch!!! So I gave her a not-so-spooky cat friend, and a Glimmer brad spider (the brad spider idea is from Danielle) and some other Glimmer brads in the challenge colors---love them! You can’t see it in the picture, but the embossed spider web is glittery too…just a faint little bit! The sentiment is from an older SU set, embossed in white EP! Here’s a closeup of Mr. Spider:

CQC54-3

This also qualifies for Stampin' Royalty's challenge 41 this week--Halloween! Thanks for coming by today—I hope you’ll scamper on over to the ColourQ blog so you can play too! You’ll find the link on the sidebar…..we have a couple new fantastically-talented girls—you need to check out their creations, as well as the creations of our regular fantastically-talented girls! LOL!

  • Stamps: Fangtastic, A-Haunting We Will Go
  • Paper: Concord Crush, Old Olive, Basic Black, Shimmery White, Basic Grey DP
  • Ink: Stazon, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink, Basic Gray, Craft White, Versamark
  • Acc: White EP, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Nesties, MM Ribbon, Glimmer Brads, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Dimensionals, Spider Web EF, Iridescent Ice EP

CQC54-1

11 comments:

Diana Carr said...

Love the little spider!

Christina said...

I adore this cute little witch and her kitty friend! You've used these fun colors perfectly, LeAnne! I, too, can go a little crazy for Halloween decorations, and this card is right up my alley!

Linda said...

Oh she is so sweet. I love your card. That web is great.Halloween cards are so much fun to make. I won some of those brads at the SU sleepover I went to last weekend. It was a blast. 30 cards in one evening.

Juanita said...

Great inspiration.
I adore your little spider made out of the brad. Too cute.

Kathy Martin said...

Super super cute! Love all your details...like the glittered brads! :)

Elise said...

Aack! SOoooooo cute! LeAnne! You are SUCH a good witch: I'm ALL inspired! I guess you have to actually USE those brads if you want people to see them sparkle! What a delightful card! Yipeee!

Unknown said...

Your gorgeous project fits in the challenge for this week at Papercraft Star! And it's not too late to enter the gift certificate drawing either, if you haven't already! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

Denise said...

This is adorable. Love the colors and that sweet image. Pretty ribbon with matching brads. Awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

Hands On said...

LeAnne your details always amaze me. Love the web on orange. Hadn't thought about trying that. Great card! Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty!

Jo said...

Love it, the brad spider is cute and love the embossed/inked background!

Anne Marie Hile said...

She is so, so cute! Love that little sparkly spider, too. This is such an adorable card! :)