Tuesday, August 10, 2010

CQC45

cqc45

Isn’t this a serene scene?  So pretty!!!  Arielle’s ColourQ Challenge today is a sweet fluttering of butterflies against a white background.  The design is CAS, so I did a fairly clean card as well:

DSCF8783

using the Things I Love set in the inspiration colors.  I added a little pearly embellishment on the chocolate, a bit of texture on the Wild Wasabi panel and some Wild Wasabi DP peeking out from behind.  The heart theme is carried into the inside:

DSCF8788

Hmmm, maybe I should have put some glitter on that piece of chocolate…anyway, check out what the other designers on the Colour Court have come up with and show us your take on these pretty colors!  You can check out the ColourQ blog or just click on the sidebar for all the details! 

Before I go, I thought I’d share a couple of photos I took yesterday evening in my little flower garden:

A male American goldfinch:

DSCF8794

A male ruby-throated hummingbird:

DSCF8792

Same hummer, from the rear!!!

DSCF8798

A grumpy female domestic shorthair cat, who thinks she is a much better “crop” than whatever I can put in this basket from my garden:

DSCF8708

Thanks for visiting today!

15 comments:

Carol L said...

I just love this color combo and I'd play along, but all I have is Wasabi and White! LOL I love all the tiny hearts, especially the one over the letter in the sentiment. TFS those great photos from your garden! You captured amazing photos of that hummingbird!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

You KNOW I had to comment on this card!!! It's right up my sassy, girlie alley!!! heehee!! I love it! Love the bird pics, too....but Pumpkin is priceless ....and so is your photo caption!!! She does look very grumpy! heehee!! xoxo

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful card for the color challenge LeAnne! I love the detail of the little hearts and the embossing!
Your photos are fabulous! The cat in the basket is just too cute!

Bev J. said...

Those are things I love as well-neat card. Great photos and I love your cat in the basket!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Stunning card, LeAnne! Lovin' the nature pics, too! I have ALWAYS loved watching little critters do their thing! You cat looks annoyed, though, probably thinking "ugh - ANOTHER picture?!?"

Have a great day!

Barbara said...

Hmmmm, apparently we have the same favorite things, LOL! Adorable card, LeAnne! Great pictures from you garden, especially that pumpkin ;-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely lovely card, the color combo looks fun to play with, but I am going to be away from my craft room a lot this month, : (
Thanks for your sweet comment! Have a sunny and happy day!

Ann said...

I love that stamp set...may just have to buy it now! Love your card!

Chrissy D said...

Love those colors and the clean lines of this card! TFS!

Kathy Martin said...

Cute kitty! And an AWESOME card! Love those stamped images! :)

Elise said...

Is that the wild and illusive "Pumpkin!?!" - Shhhhhh! Those are EXTREMELY rare! Ohhhhhh, LeAnne! Those shots are SO exquisite, I almost FORGOT your AMAZING CARD! Wow, you make that set look GOOOOOD! GREAT, in fact! I so adore the WAVE of inspiration every time I take a gander at one of your fantastic creations, LeAnne! You are FUN!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the composition of your layout - so balanced. I like the heart in your sentiment and the rows of hearts with pearls as your accents. So cute how you colorblocked the main elements.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I forgot to add... great photos of the birds. I can never get close enough to the ones at my feeders to get a good picture. Your cat is beautiful.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh LeAnne, I LOVE this card. So crisp and your use of the challenge colors is stellar! They just pop against the green. Love the inside too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cute card, but I love Pumpkin the most!