Thursday, July 8, 2010

WT278

DSCF8516

I had made this card a couple days ago and never posted it, and this morning on SCS, the WT278 challenge was to use yellow!  How convenient, especially since my sinus headache was keeping me from doing anything much stamping-related!  It’s better now, so maybe I’ll get some time in later. 

I am still (im)patiently waiting for my first order from SU, besides what we could preorder, so I have NO DP except for Newsprint.  I paired it with Vintage Vogue this time, using Basic Gray and Daffodil Delight as my colors:

DSCF8515

I did some tearing, too, which I haven’t done in a while; I stamped the floral border right on the Newsprint DP, and I like the effect!  The center of my yellow flower is a rhinestone brad sitting atop a jumbo eyelet.  Easy peasy.  Thanks for visiting today!  And if you haven’t participated yet in the CTD incredible blog hop, you can check out MY post here and the CTD post here!!!!

  • Stamps:  Vintage Vogue
  • Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey, Newsprint DP
  • Ink:  Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight
  • Acc:  Jumbo Eyelets, Rhinestone Brads, 3-Flower punch, dimensionals

14 comments:

mudmaven said...

Gorgeous! My box of goodies is due this afternoon - Yipee! The waiting is so hard isn't it. ~chris

Meg said...

What a luxe color combo! Love it paired with the creamy newsprint. Fabulous card!

Hope you feel better & that your new goodies arrive soon!

ChristineCreations said...

Gorgeous! Love the yellow and gray paired together. Take care with that sinus headache!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I think it's a lovely card. I can related with the impatient waiting- although I haven't ordered any new Stampin Up stuff (this week!).

Nance Leedy said...

I hope you're feeling better LeeAnne. This card is stunning! So many fabulous elements--I love the elegant color combination and the stamping on newsprint is beautiful! Cheers.

Carol L said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I just love that newsprint DP and can't wait to order some! Love the color combo - I hope your headache is gone and your goodies come tomorrow :)

Lola G. said...

I really like the way the rhinestone brad looks on top of that jumbo eyelet. The color combo is so pretty -- I'm really enjoying Daffodil Delight, even though yellows aren't usually at the top of my preferred list of colors.

I'm on the waiting train as well -- my order shipped on Tuesday (earlier than I expected) but won't be here until next Tuesday.........

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful design! Love the golden tones!

Melissa said...

Wow! Beautiful Job!!

Denise Marzec said...

Sooooo pretty! Love the color combo!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, fabulous card. I love the way you incorporated the newsprint. Fabulous. Hope your headache is gone and that you are feeling better and back to your old self.
thanks for inspiring us with this gorgeous card.
hugs
jaydee

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous! I am really LIKING that Daffodil color and I'm NOT a big yellow fan, either!

Kathy Martin said...

Very pretty! Love the yellow and gray combo! :)

Susan Raihala said...

LeAnne, this is GORGEOUS! Love how you pulled so many different things together here.