Sunday, July 25, 2010

APP8 Inspiration Challenge

DSCF8610

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Today Lesley has a beautiful inspiration piece for us at Always Playing with Paper:

Inspiration APP8

I used the sketch from the Pals Paper Arts this week:

PPA52

DSCF8609

I needed a few thank you cards, so this is my first one—I loved the little blue & yellow flowers on the bowl at the bottom of the photo, and even though the blue is not the same shade, I chose some new Blueberry Crisp DP along with Daffodil Delight to make a bold daisy card, using the Daisies die and a couple punches.  The little open circle border was a case from my friend Donna; it is the scallop edge punch, punched out with the 1/8” circle punch!  So clever, that girl!  And I figured out a new trick myself!  I always struggle with making the notched ends in my little pennants---I simply used a square punch, lined it up at an angle, and voila!  A nice even v-shaped end!  And to follow with the “wonderful”, here is the inside:

DSCF8611

I just love these colors together!  Be sure to check out what the other Paper Players have created this week, and play along with us!!!  Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Warm Words, Short & Sweet, Defining Alphabet, Itty Bitty Bits
  • Paper:  WW, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Blueberry Crisp DP
  • Ink:  Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight
  • Acc:  Taffeta Ribbon, Daisies Die, Square Lattice EF, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Square Punch, Small and Large Oval Punches, brads, 1/16” punch, Scallop Bordern Punch, 1/8” punch, dimensionals

17 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful!! I just love bold blue and yellow together....so fresh and totally reminds me of my favorite restaurant in Philly....cute little outdoor patio next to cobblestone walkways...ahhh, memories!

Lesley said...

Wonderful as always! Love that Blueberry Crisp Paper.
Smiles,
Lesley

Carol L said...

What a great take on the challenges! Gorgeous colors, and that square lattice panel looks exceptionally awesome! *wink*

Linda said...

This is wonderful! I love that big flower. Thanks for the two tips. I love the boarder and how cleaver are you to use a sq punch???

Bev J. said...

So pretty-love the blue and yellow together. Just got my new SU catalog (my demo lost everything in a house fire and is getting started back now). I like seeing what new goodies you have used-helps me make a longer list. GRIN

Linda Callahan said...

The inspiration picture is beautiful and so is your card! I love yellow and blue together! Great seeing the new paper used as well! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Pat said...

Thanks for the great tip using the square punch! Love the blue and yellow together.

jaydee said...

LeAnne, fabulous job combining the two challenges. The blue and yellow are really beautiful together. A really great take on the challenge
Hugs
Jaydee

Wendy said...

Simply gorgeous, LeAnne! I love your colors and that daisy! Just perfect!! :)

Anonymous said...

How totally cool-----I am the lucky recipient of this gorgeous card and I can tell you, it's even more beautiful in person.

Thank you so much, Le Anne!! You made my day :).

Hugs,
Korin

Juanita said...

Great card. That is a fabulous inspiration piece.

mtscrapgal said...

Leanne, This card is so bright and beautiful. I've got to try this color combo.The daisy is so striking. You certainly were inspired by the picture & you turned around & inspired us. Thanks for showing the inside too. That's important to me.Love the square punch tip. I'll use that one for sure.

Hands On said...

This is beautiful. It looks similar to my first try but yours is way better. lol!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Beautiful card Leanne. Congrats on being chosen as a PPA pick of the week!

Melissa Rodgers said...

Congratulations Leanne! I loved your card too! The color combo was so bright and cheery. Melissa

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful color combination, and a great job with the sketch! Congrats on being named a PPA Pick this week!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! LOVE the big daisy!