Monday, June 14, 2010

Things That Fly

DSCF8169

DSCF8170

For today’s SCS CAS challenge, we were to make a card using something that flies!  My first thought was a country angel from an old SU set, but I just couldn’t make it work.  In the set were several smaller country images, two of which had birds!  So I set to work using them; as I was assembling them, using the Stamping 411 sketch here:

ssc155

I realized my first one was probably NOT very CAS!  So I streamlined the second one, making it a little quicker!  So here we go:

DSCF8173

Both use the same sentiment from a retired set, Sweet Little Sentiments, and both images are from Country Angel (1995!!!).  Papers are from BG’s Lemonade line.  Here they are individually:

DSCF8168
DSCF8170-2

I used a blender pen to color in the watermelon with Melon Mambo and Kiwi Kiss; the bird in the wreath was colored with markers.  Thanks for looking today!  Tomorrow I will have a brand-new ColourQ for you!!

14 comments:

Linda said...

Love them! I think I have that stamp set. I got it at a garage sale. I am not sure which was first and why it wasn't quite right.

Lesley said...

Oh I love them both!! The white paper is so pretty with the DSP's.
Hugs!
Lesley

Denise Clark said...

Your two cards are a prime example of how different two cards can feel even though they have the same layout. One feels happy and bright and fun. The other soft, warm and friendly. Both wonderful cards!

Selene Kempton said...

Way cute! I love your coloring of the delicate little images! Beautiful job!

Arielle H Gordon said...

How dare you post a watermelon card... now I'm hungry! Love your gorgeous cards, LeAnne!!!!! And congrats on being featured stamper at SCS!!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

These are TOO CUTE, LeAnne! You watermelon card is making me hungry!

ChristineCreations said...

OH I LOVE the different "moods" of both cards LeAnne! Fantastic colors on both of them!

Kathy Martin said...

Both of these cards are sooooo sweet! Love the little bird image! :)

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

These are so precious. Love the simplicity and colors. Great job.

Rose said...

Your cards are just precious, LeAnne!

Carol L said...

Both cards are great! I just love that DP and those fresh summery colors!

Kerin said...

Oh I love them both! One so soft & sweet, and the other is perfectly cheerful!

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are adorable, LeAnne! LOVE the little button embellishments!

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful cards!!