Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Par For The Course

DSCF6886

Another masculine card today; this one fulfills three challenges:  the Stampin’ Royalty #7 is to make a masculine card; the ColourQ #20 is the color challenge below, and my friends at the Diva Coffee Break Designs have a sketch, also below:

cqc20 DCBD165

I used a  set from last year’s Spring Mini Catalog called And Many Mower:

DSCF6884

I altered the sketch a tiny little bit, just so I could fit the sentiment on the front; the inside says “Happy Father’s Day”.  I have NO idea to whom I am going to send this; out of one father, a FIL and a step-FIL, no one plays golf!!  What was I thinking??  Anyone need a golf-related FD card?  Oh well, I had fun playing with all the colors!    A couple embossing folders added some texture and I colored the little golf ball with a Basic Black marker so I could use it as another embellishment.  Thanks, everyone, for the inspirations and challenge!

DSCF6885

16 comments:

Sam said...

Great "man" card. Looks like you will be buying one of your FIL's a golf club!

mudmaven said...

Love the textures and that little golf ball in the corner is tooooooo cute! ~chris

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! Awesome tackling so many challenges, and you pulled it off fabulously! Par-fect masculine card!

Carol L said...

This is cute LeAnne! I love the little golf ball on the tee on that punched label! The embossing looks masculine too, so this will be great for some golfing guy :)

Beth said...

This is a stamp set I wish I had purchased! Great card Leanne!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is really cute! I combined these challenges too.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

I love your card. That golfer was one of my favourite stamps!

Corie said...

I love this -- so adorable!!

Anonymous said...

hi, can you tell what number of copic used in outline the man,the gray one....

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Another amazing card! I love all the texturizing and colours.
Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty!

Juanita said...

Fabulous, I love how you have used that golf ball in the bottom right as a perky little embellishment.

Sarah said...

I love it! The textures are great and the little golf ball is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

savvy teaching tips said...

LeAnne - you amaze us again. What a perfect masculine card. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin Royalty. Please check out my personal blog for blog candy. www.stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

Arielle H Gordon said...

Ughhh - I KNEW I should have gotten this set!!! This is too cute - it would be perfect for my dad - lol! Thanks LeAnne for playing the colourQ this week!

Jo said...

That is such a fab card! I love it!

Anonymous said...

so cute! I have this set and love to see how others use it. You brought lift to this set. thanks for sharing.
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/