Sunday, October 18, 2009

Just Us Girls Challenge Week 3

This week at the JUGS blog, they've issued a color challenge:

JUGS3

I had my Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly paper still out on my desk, so I looked through to find some paper with these colors, did some cutting & pasting, and made a quick card using a retired SU Christmas set, Holiday Sampler:

DSCF5567

Look at those cute little marshmallow-headed snowmen!!!  I had to move my photography "studio", which is normally in my spare bedroom, so I am still experimenting as to where my pictures look best....bear with me!  I cut out the little scallops & rearranged the patterns so the snowmen were at the bottom; added my mittens & "joy", a gingham bow and a MS-punched snowflake, glittered with some MS antique gold glitter.  Denise (peanutbee) RAKed me with the little candy dots I applied at the bottom! (Thanks, Denise!) 

DSCF5568

  • Stamps:  Holiday Sampler
  • Paper:  PTI Aqua Mist, Very Vanilla, Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly
  • Ink:  Real Red
  • Acc: Nesties, MS Snowflake Punch, Glitter, Playground Button, Gingham Ribbon, Mini Dots (unknown)

20 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

This is just adorable! Never heard of this challenge blog ... I'll have to check it out! TFS, Kiddo!!

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwwwww, this is SOOOO totally adorable!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Your card is ADORABLE! You used one of my all time favorite stamp sets from SU! That DP looks great with the mittens! I am so happy you played along again with this week's Just Us Girls color challenge! I hope you play along with next week's 3-D challenge! :)

Lisa Kind said...

Hi LeAnne! So glad you played our JUGs challenge this week! Your card is adorable! Love all the accents and those "marshmallow" snowmen! LOL! Too cute! Hope to see you again next week!

PS...I just emailed my CTD card to Tammy! I'm done early and I cannot believe myself!! :-) It's a great color combo!

Andrea M said...

Lovely, lovely card! Thanks for sharing!

Elise said...

Oh, HAPPY DAY, LeAnne! You and those colors - PERFECTION! What a darling way to use that fabulous paper and NAIL this color challenge! Those JUG girls are just too much! *wink*wink!

Carol L said...

So cute!! Love those little snowmen!! Great card for the challenge, I never did get around to playing that one!

Janine said...

This is just fabulous LeAnne... Hope you had a great weekend.

dpkennedy said...

Aww, this is so cute! I love the snowflake wreath at the top of the ornament and the candy dots under the scallops! Adorable card!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, LeAnne, another gorgeous card!! Love those snowman and the hot cocoa cups at the top, but really got me is that gorgeous snowflake!! Stunning! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Juanita said...

Love it. Those papers are just perfect and it has the look of clean and easy to create. Good job.

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhh my LeAnne! How cute! I LOVE the holly jolly line and the SU! snowman looks adorable with it!

I am so glad you could play with Just Us Girls this week!

Dana Gustafson said...

ummm! I meant SU! snow set! tee hee

AKiteFlier said...

Thisi is just adorable. Love the paper and stamps! Super cute. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope you'll return on Saturday for a brand new challenge.

Broni said...

I LOVE this, LeAnne!! I almost pulled out the same paper for that challenge!!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous!!! Love all the little extras you added!

Laurel Beard said...

Oh my goodness! I absolutely love your style! Your card is awesome. Love those cute little marshmellow snowman and the coffee/hot cocoa cups. So cute. I love it!!!!! I need to buy everything that made this card. The stamp set, the snowflake, everything, ha!!! TFS!

Marge said...

What a fun card!!! LOVE it!!!

Kristin Eberline said...

Awwh...what a sweet RAK! LOVE your card! That patterned paper is fantastic and yes, those marshmallow head snowmen are too much! Totally adorable ;] Oh, and I love your snowflake with the red button embellishment! What a cute idea!!

Thanks for playing along again, LeAnne! I LOVE your work!! I'm also working on my CTD card...I promise I'm still playing, I've just been trying to catch up on all of our team graphics so I'm a little behind on my normal challenges! I'm catching up fast though!!