Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Smattering of Cards....

Just a few quick cards today. Hopefully the weather will force me to stay home tomorrow and I can play in my stamp room!

This one uses the color challenge from NMBS, and the sketch from Mojo Monday #71 again, but on a smaller scale:

DSCF3011

This looks much better IRL! The shimmery white paper just doesn't "shimmer" in the photo! I also needed a VERY quick sympathy card for a customer who is dealing with lots of elderly family issues!

DSCF3016

You just cannot get much easier than this! I used old and new sets on this---Little Shapes for the old, and my new PTI Quilter's Sampler Sentiments for the new, along with Pocket Silhouettes. Not sure of the color combo here, but with those little flecks in the paper, I thought I could get away with the Close to Cocoa. And finally, I thought I would share some cards I got in the mail today from customers and friends:

DSCF3018

This is a sweet card from Beth. She always does beautiful work, and look, she used Little Shapes, too! Cute sentiment and her little hearts are all punched and attached with a cute little heart brad!







DSCF3019 This beauty is from Debbie--she has been hiding her talent from me! I think this is the first card I have ever received from her and how sweet this is! She has lots of details and the nice spring colors really brought a smile to my face! Thanks to both of you!







Don't forget, tomorrow is Color Throwdown day, so be sure to check back to see what the challenge is!!

  • Stamps for Friend card: Fresh Cuts, Simply Said
  • Paper: Baja Breeze, Shimmery White, Basic Black
  • Ink: Stazon, Baja Breeze
  • Acc: Grosgrain ribbons, Aquapainter, Reinker, dimensionals

  • Stamps for Sympathy card: Little Shapes, Pocket Silhouettes, Quilter's Sampler Sentiments, PTI
  • Paper: Confetti White
  • Ink: Almost Amethyst, Palette Noir, Close to Cocoa
  • Acc: Corner Rounder, Twill from Taylored Expressions

6 comments:

anewcreature22 said...

your cards are beautiful LeAnne! and I love the verse you have up (Psalm 66:16) God is so good!

Anonymous said...

cute cards!!

Juanita said...

Great RAKs.
I am crazy for the sympathy card you did. That is perfection.

Ifat Art said...

Great cards!
I love each and every one of them.

IfatArt

Barbara said...

LeAnne, both of your cards are beautiful. I love the colors and how you colored the first one and the second one will surely bring comfort. Great RAKS you got, too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE these cards, LeAnne! Especially the "comfort" card! It's stunning in it's simplicity!