Monday, January 26, 2009

Pacific Polka Dots

Okay, I am on a roll here with messing up challenges--not looking at the sketches, not paying attention to the directions----gee whizzies!  So hopefully this one is right!  The NMBS blog challenge is for black, white & one color--and ribbon not in a bow.  So here we go again.......

DSCF3007

I NEVER use Pacific Point; I love blue, but this one is just too difficult to pair with another color, so I decided to try it with just the black & white.  I am not real crazy about the three flowers on the right.....but at this point I was not going to redo!  I stamped the Polka Dot Punches flowers in Stazon black & watercolored them with some PP ink, them punched them out.  The sentiment is from Crazy for Cupcakes.  Cosmo Glitter added some zing to the centers.  The black ribbon makes the "stem".  I hope this is the only place in my house that my flowers have black stems!!!  I think this would be easy enough to do at a workshop, so I'll keep the basic layout and play around with it some more!  TFL!

  • Stamps:  Polka Dot Punches, Crazy for Cupcakes
  • Paper:  WW, Basic Black, Pacific Point
  • Ink:  Stazon Black, Pacific Point
  • Acc:  Corner Rounder Punch, Black Grosgrain, 5-Petal Punch, Cosmo Glitter, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sweet card, LeAnne! I like the placement of the sentiment, and the rounded corner panel behind the flowers! (I don't like Pacific Point either, but you made it work here very well!)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful b-day card LeAnne! Love your layout and you really rocked that pacific point color - gorgeous!!!