Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sparkly Get Well

Sorry for the lack of posting---I think everybody is in the swing of the holidays, and I have one more Christmas Card Stamp Camp to do tonight, so I have been prepping for that.  One of my customers' daughter is having foot surgery today, so I thought I would make a QUICK, really simple card for her using some of my new MS glitter!  When my own daughter saw all the colors, she immediately picked out her favorite combo, so I will try to make something with them as well....someday! 

I used Versamark ink to ink up the bold flower from Best Wishes & More, stamped it on my cardstock and then sprinkled Heat & Stick powder on it.  I heated it up just til it melted, then poured on the glitter and re-set it with the heat tool.  It is quite bling-y!:

Jessica's card 2

Of course, you can't see glitter very well in a flat photo, so you'll have to use your imagination.  The background was stamped with the jumbo Spunky Spots wheel in Pretty in Pink. I have NO good "get well" sentiments, so I inked up my retired Rough Edges alphabets and spelled it out in Lovely Lilac.  THEN I realized I got purple ink all over the edge of the white panel---aaaaackk!!!  So DD suggested some swirlies on the white panel, so I got out Season of Joy and stamped the swirl in Almost Amethyst.   The scallops are some retired DP from last year, punched with the scallop punch.  I know she likes horses but I hope she likes flowers too!  TFL!

I also have a confession:  I am so bad....I have been awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award three times and have never posted it!!  One was my upline, Pennie; another was Pat; and the third was Jennifer--thanks so much, girls!  I find it amazing that they nominated me----they have tons & tons of talent!!!  Each time I visit their blogs, they wow me with their creativity!  So you know how it works:

Kreativ_Blogger_Award
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the Award.
3. Nominate five blogs for the Award.  So here are my five nominees:

Make sure you check out their creative blogs and give them some encouraging words!  And don't forget to stop back tomorrow for the next Color Throwdown Challenge!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Don't you just love that MS glitter? The colors are gorgeous and you chose some gorgeous ones for your card. I love the swirly background, too.

Juanita said...

This is a fantastic card. Love it, love it, love it. Great save with the ink on the white panel. Glad to hear that you have 'oops' moments too.