Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A No Stampin' Card & Happy Mail

My downline, Laura, let me play with her new Sissix and dies!  Wow, what fun!  I cut out a few diecuts and went to work assembling this little number:

No Stampin Card 3 

First, I need to credit Melanie with the pumpkin tutorial.  I saw how she did hers on her blog and I couldn't wait to try them!  I cut my pumpkins with my oval Nestabilities.  I couldn't quite figure out how to do it with the Big Shot; I know there is a way, but I was missing a plate or something, so I did it in my CB.  Her stems are much better than mine, but this was sort of a prototype.  I can fine-tune them later!  The flowers and birds were from the Birds & Blooms die; the background is the Top Note die cut from gingham paper (a digital DP from My Favorite Things), printed on Kraft.  Flower stems are retired narrow Old Olive twill ribbon.  Everything is mounted on Naturals Ivory cardstock.    This is a bright fall-colored card that was a lot of fun to do!  Again, I'll put a sentiment on the inside when I decide how I'm going to use it!  TFL!

  • Paper:  Naturals Ivory, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, So Saffron, More Mustard, Old Olive, Kraft
  • Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Craft White, Old Olive, More Mustard
  • Acc:  Big Shot & Dies, Old Olive ribbon, sponge daubers, white gel pen, dimensionals, black marker, WC Pencils

Now, imagine my surprise & delight when I opened my mailbox and found these two beauties:

Candy from Bee Candy from Pat

All the goodies on the left are from Bee; she had a little contest on her blog to guess the gender of her baby.  I guessed wrong and she still gave me some goodies!  Can't wait to use them!  And just because Pat is such a sweetie, and because I visited her blog, she made this cute post-it note magnet.  Let me tell you, this pen writes so smoothly, NOBODY is using this pen but me!  And the paper on the coaster is glittery & cool!  THANKS, LADIES!   Make sure to check out their blogs and give them a shout!  

LeAnne

4 comments:

Juanita said...

Everything is so darling. I think I might need the big shot and dies now....

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love your pumpkins! Very cute and cool indeed! The whole card is adorable with the faux stitching! Lucky you to get such a sweet gift!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a sweet pumpkin card! I LOVE IT! And awesome happy mail!

Kay Kalthoff said...

OMG - this is just the CUTEST pumpkin/crow/fall card EVER!!! I just can't get over how cute this is!! I hope you don't mind me casing this just to put out as a sample for my customers!! I will give you the credit! TFS! I can't wait to make this!!
Kay