Thursday, September 25, 2008

Charmed Challenge and Awesome Blog Candy

Okay, my last post for today, I promise!  I just got off the phone with my friend Shawn and we were both lamenting that, with all the stampin' stuff we have, we had no charms!  And we needed charms for today's SCS Challenge!  I had just made a polyshrink charm for the Color Challenge (you can see it here), so I wanted to do something different.  I thought the faux metal technique would be fun, and I knew I wanted to use Gina K's Whimsical Autumn set again. 

09-25-08 Challenge autumn thanks

This also uses the sketch from yesterday's Sketch Challenge.  Hmmmm....now that I look at it, the vine stamped on the right side reminds me of stitching on a baseball.  Oh well!  This is going to a friend of mine who just game me some pumpkins from her garden!

  • Stamps:  Whimsical Autumn, Gina K, Itty Bitty BG, SU
  • Paper: So Saffron, Confetti White, More Mustard, Autumn Vine DP
  • Ink:  Stazon, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
  • Acc:  Classy Copper EP, Heat Tool, Markers, Circle Pumches, Linen Thread, 1/16" punch

Now, on to the blog candy.  Cammie, (Carolyn King) has some INCREDIBLE blog candy to offer.  She is a stamp designer for Gina K and designed the Whimsical Autumn set I used above.  She is donating 100% of the proceeds of the sales of that set to the Alzheimer's Association in memory of her grandmother.  So if you make a card and send it to someone who is a caretaker of an Alzheimer's patient, you qualify to enter in the blog candy drawing.  There are other rules that apply, so check it out by clicking on her name.  The chances of my winning are about as big as the chance of a snowball lasting in the middle of August,  but for $1000 worth of prizes, I'll give it a shot!  This is my card:

Cammie' Challenge

This card will go to a sweet lady in my church.  I rarely see her because she stays at home, taking care of her husband, who gets very agitated if she is gone for any length of time.  But she was at church last week, so I wanted her to know I was thinking of her.  This uses another Gina K stamp called Flowers for Daisy.  Basic Grey Stella Ruby and Kraft cardstock form the card, with watercolor paper and Chocolate Chip for the basic image, which was watercolored.

  • Stamps:  Flowers for Daisy, Gina K
  • Paper:  Kraft, Basic Grey Stella Ruby, Watercolor, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip
  • Ink:  Stazon, Baja Blue, Rose Red, So Saffron, Cert Celery
  • Acc:  Nesties, Dimensionals, Taffeta Ribbon

Remember to check out the blog!   There are tons of companies as well as stampers that have contributed to this candy.  If I win, I promise, I'll share!
LeAnne

5 comments:

Ethel Amutan said...

This is a very lovely card. The colors are gorgeous. Any recipient would be delighted to receive this.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are both so gorgeuos LeAnne! Love you pumpkin card with the charm...I did not think baseball until you said it LOL! Love the beautiful soft colours on the second card...great cards for a great cause!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

I have never tried this faux metal technique, it looks pretty cool on your card!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous! Love that leaf on the first card. And your coloring is beautiful on both.

Lisa Kind said...

Both cards are lovely! I love the ferns on the first card and they DO NOT look like stitching on a baseball! (LOL)