Friday, July 11, 2008

Simply Thanks

I really like Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenges every Friday. This week was to make a thank you card, which I needed! I am not sure this really qualifies as simple, but since the image was a stamped RAK from Denise (peanutbee), the only stamping I did was on the card base itself. This is also for the Limited Supply challenge today at SCS---something summery with limited layers and embellishments. So here we go:

07-11-08 challenge 2 sharp

We are allowed to use three layers, and I only used one brad and a tiny little bit of glitter on the sand!!! It is difficult to see, but shells & seagulls are stamped on the background, as well as some clouds sponged on the sky. If you click on the picture, you can see it much better!

Thanks for looking and make sure you thank someone for something today!! Better yet, send them a card & put it on SCS!
LeAnne

  • Stamps: Beach Scenes,Great Impressions; Short and Sweet, SU
  • Paper: WW, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun
  • Ink: Stazon Black, Tempting Turquoise, Soft Sky, More Mustard
  • Acc: Markers, Corner Punch (ret), BB Brad & 1/16" punch, Dimensionals, Daubers

12 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Love this! I wish I was under that umbrella (LOL)!

Denise Marzec said...

Love it, girl! ...and you know what..other than inking this up for you and a few others, I haven't made a card with it yet!! I think I need to do that. :)

...and check out your new hot mama pic...love it!

Renee said...

Love the card! I umbrellas make it so cute and your colors are fab :)

Debbie M said...

Hi - love this card and nice card in previous post for the colour challenge :-)

Debbie M

Janine said...

What a lovely card!! Aren't Sharon's challenges fun!!
Have a great weekend.

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Love those colors and coloring and design, cute cute happy card!!♥

Kim Gasper said...

This is darling! I love the shells and birds stamped on the bottom. Of course, I images of anything to do with the beach!

Lisa Foster said...

I love your bright, sunny colors! Beautiful card! Makes me want to be right there! Lemonade anyone?
Have a great weekend!:)
Lisa

Patsy said...

Love this card. Makes you want to have fun!!

Maren said...

So fun!! Love these colors!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh this is so cool! I love what you've done with the umbrella image! I just bought some of these stamps at Barbara's last week. Can't wait to use them now! Nice job girl!! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cute! Those Great Impressions stamps from last month were so nice, and you did a great job with this! I love the colors, too!