Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Groovy Banana Chip Challenge

Wow, that sounds like some sort of ice cream concoction, doesn't it?! That is today's Color Challenge, and this card took waaaaay too long to make! Not really happy with it, but I have lots to do so this will be a quick post.

07-08-08 Challenge

07-08-08 closeup

I wish the colors were a little truer, because they really are cute IRL!! The image is stamped in Brown Stazon and watercolored with ink. I added some sparkle to the sand with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I punched a bunch of circles, trying to do another sketch challenge and just GAVE UP, but used a few just for fun at the bottom of the card. I do like the color combo, I guess I just need to play with them a little more! TFL!

  • Stamps: Beach Chair, Lockhart; Shore Thoughts, Lizzie Anne; Spunky Spots Jumbo Wheel, SU
  • Paper: Barely Banana, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Watercolor Paper, GG Prints DP
  • Ink: Barely Banana, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Brown Stazon
  • Acc: Dimensionals, Punches, Brads, DD Glitter, Aquapainter

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oooooh, I love this Lockhart image...oh so CUTE!! Love how you did the circles too. So fun!

Renee said...

Oh I love this! Love the circles and the paper and especially the stamp!! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I just HATE it when a card takes forever. Someday I'll learn that it's the good ones that fall into place quickly.

Although this is a great card, when it takes too long to make, your judgement gets a little askewed.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I just love this Lockhart image and your card! :) Sure wish I was sitting on a beach as hot as it is today! Nice job on the challenge!

Have a great day!
Wendy

Juanita said...

I love that card. You worked magic with the combo.

Jetstudio Designs said...

Fun card, I like the colors and the image is super cute!!