Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Box and A Bucket

I have been wanting to try one of these boxes by Lauren Meader since Easter.....they are so cute, very easy, and lend themselves to all kinds of occasions! I have an upcoming stamp club and like to make something a little special for the hostess, so this may go to her. Just haven't decided yet! I am not very creative when it comes to making things other than cards, so I am very grateful to creative geniuses like Lauren!! Thanks, Lauren!

Hostess Basket Lauren

Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment, Fresh Cuts

Paper: Soft Sky, Sahara Sand, Fall Flowers DP, Whisper White

Ink: Soft Sky, Old Olive

Acc: Nestabilities, Soft Sky Ribbon, Small Oval Punch, Sticky Strip, Crystal Effects

I cut a leaf and a stem right from the DP. This was a blast to make! The bottom piece was glued with Crystal Effects and the sides with Sticky Strip.

Hostess Can

This cute little paint can is one I picked up at ACM; the DP is just sitting inside and the outside strip is fastened with Sticky Strip. The can is decorated with various images from Simply Said.

Notice the different ribbons on the handle. I didn't have any Groovy Guava ribbon, so I dyed my white taffeta with some ink from my reinker. I dried it with my heat tool, and I had a custom-color ribbon! The big green flower is DP, punched with the scallop punch and slit to make petals.

Hostess Can Closeup

Hope this inspires you to try some different things today! I have more ideas in my head, hopefully I'll post some soon. Have a blessed day!
LeAnne

1 comment:

Susie said...

Just beautiful. In fact all 3 of your posts today have wonderful, wonderful creations.