Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This Challenge was a Challenge


I usually love the color challenges on SCS, and today was no different. However, I guess because I have a sinus headache today, I really struggled with this card. It is actually two challenges: the Featured Stamper from Sunday, Betty, who has AWESOME cards in her gallery, and today's color challenge. I should have made it larger than the 4 1/4" square that I did, that would have given me more room to play, but I also realized I don't have any Easter stamps! I had to scrounge up an Easter egg from the retired Tag Time, and I computer-generated the sentiment! I am just not feeling the love on this card!!! I used Betty's layout here, which I do love, so maybe another time when my head isn't pounding, I'll try it again! The orchid piece was stamped with the new Dotted Lines wheel, in all different directions; the pumpkin was stamped with the little flower from Little Pieces, accented with my gel pen.TFL! All stamps are Stampin'Up!.
Stamps: Tag Time, Little Pieces, Dotted Lines Jumbo Wheel
Paper: Orchid Opulence, Pumpkin Pie, WWhite, Darling Doodles DP (retired) , Cert Celery
Ink: Orchid Opulence, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery
Acc: Organdy, Grosgrain & Satin Ribbons, Eyelets, Gel Pen, Crop-a-dile, Small Oval Punch, Dimensionals

6 comments:

craftsbyjodi said...

beautiful card... love the colours. I have failed to make any easter cards yet!! I hope to make a few at the weekend.

Lesli said...

Beautiful Easter Card!

Tracy said...

Great colors, you have that special knack of putting everything together.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, perfect for Easter! Love the three eyelets!

Maren said...

Gorgeous!! Love this layout and your colors...perfect Easter card!

Anonymous said...

This is a fun, great looking Easter card!!!