Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sale-a-Bration Samples



I have a Stamp Club meeting tonight and I was scrambling a bit to get some new samples made with my new Merci! set. These are lazy cards....just a couple layers and embellishments, but again, I like simple, and I like watercoloring, so these appeal to me. Both the images are pointing to the northwest.....hmm, I wonder what that means? Snow tomorrow? Anyway, both cards use DP from Porcelain Prints, the images are stamped with on Confetti White with Black Stazon and are watercolored with my Aquapainter, and both sprinkled with DD glitter. Now, the Confetti White is not the best for watercoloring, but since these are small images, it's not too bad. It just has a tendency to wrinkle and absorb a lot of the water so the colors are difficult to blend. On the butterfly card, which is a standard-size card, I randomly filled in the background flowers with pastels, something I haven't used for a while! I also broke out my hoarded Hodgepodge Hardware to accent the stitched ribbon. I left an empty space for my sentiment, which I'll fill in later.
For the bee card, which is a smaller notecard size, the sentiment is one I found in a cookbook, and thought it would be sweet with this little image. I printed it right on to the DP on my printer--didn't it come out great?! The bee is mounted on two scallop punchouts that have been layered and offset. I added some dots with my white gel pen. Thanks for looking!
Stamps: Merci
Paper: River Rock, Confetti White, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Blue Bayou, Porcelain Prints
Ink: Black Stazon, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, So Saffron, More Mustard
Acc: Aquapainter, Pastels, Stitched Ribbon, Scallop & Round Punches, Gel Pen, Hodgepodge Hardware, DD Glitter

No comments: